Company: Cable Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 05 August 2019
Closes: 05 September 2019
Cable Bay Vineyards is a premium boutique wine company based on Waiheke Island, New Zealand.
We have estate-owned vineyards in two of New Zealand’s most exciting wine appellations; Waiheke Island and the Awatere Valley, Marlborough. We follow sustainable winegrowing practises in all of our vineyards, and our Marlborough site is certified organic with BioGro. We are passionate about producing premium wines that are expressive of the site upon which they are grown.
The winery is located amongst our vineyards on Waiheke Island, with elegant surroundings and stunning views over the Hauraki Gulf. The venue includes two restaurants, a bar and private dining rooms. We have our own vegetable gardens, orchards, olive grove, beehives and chickens and these too, are farmed sustainably for use in our restaurant.
We are looking to employ a permanent Vineyard Hand to play a major role in all vineyard processes, as well as some winery work and olive production. You will carry out hands-on work in the vineyard and olive grove and may be required to drive a forklift, quad bike, gator and tractor.
It is a diverse role, and one of great opportunity.
You must have:
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in vineyard work
- A keen interest in viticulture and/or horticulture
- An ability to recognise and execute meticulous detail in vineyard operations
- A high level of logistical skill and practicality
- High energy levels and motivation
- Great interpersonal skills
We will provide you with:
- Professional development and training
- A diverse role
- The opportunity to work within a young, dynamic team who are passionate about wine
- A competitive salary
Please send your résumé and covering letter, attention to: Winemaker/Vineyard Manager Chloe Somerset, via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here