Company: Jackson Estate
Uploaded: 23 July 2019
Closes: 02 August 2019
As modern pioneers, Jackson Estate has been in the wine business for over 25 years, quietly getting on with hand crafting beautiful wines with elegance, finesse and longevity. Jackson Estate is an award-winning premium Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc wine maker, along with other white wine varietals. Jackson Estate is entering in to an exciting new era with the establishment of a new Pinot Noir specific winery which has come about following growth, and the confidence we have in the wine and tourism sector.
Jackson Estate operates three vineyards covering 70 hectares in the Wairau/Waihopi valleys of the world-renowned Marlborough wine making region. Our range of viticulture machinery is extensive, and allows effective performance of our vineyards.
We are looking for a Machinery Operator to join our small Marlborough team in a permanent role. The successful candidate will be joining a motivated team that works hard to maintain a high standard of quality, and efficiency. This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, however due to seasonal demands, hours may vary.
Duties will include: vineyard machinery operations, general vineyard work, technical vineyard monitoring, and general property maintenance.
Attributes required for success with this position include:
- A strong work ethic, and a team-player, with a positive “can do, will do” attitude.
- A practical (and safe) focus on how you go about your work.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Able to carry out and follow instructions.
- Full Drivers Licence, and must have own transport.
- Be physically fit and healthy, with excellent vision.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Be able to operate a sprayer (However, training will be provided to a less-experienced applicant, with a great attitude towards learning and up-skilling).
- Ideally holding a Growsafe and Approved Handlers Certificates.
- Available to work up to 7 days per week as Saturday/Sunday will be required, on occasion, due to seasonal requirements.
- Previous tractor driving experience is preferable, but not essential.
- Familiarity with Vineyard operations will also be an advantage.
If you have the drive to take our vineyards into the future, and have proven experience, then click the ‘Apply now’ button to apply. Applications close Friday 2 August 2019.
For more information and to meet our team, please go to www.jacksonestate.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.