Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Indevin Group Ltd
Uploaded: 22 July 2019
Closes: 22 August 2019
Bankhouse Estate - Indevin Group Limited
Assistant Vineyard Manager - Senior Management Role at Bankhouse to actively support the Vineyard Manager.
Indevin provides bespoke New Zealand Wine Solutions to Global Retailers. We have created a range of innovative brands in partnership with major retailers and wine companies around the globe. Our experienced winemaking team and extensive winery and vineyard resources enable us to create comprehensive retailer-exclusive wine portfolios. Many of our wine brands are market leaders, developing strong and lasting connections with an increasingly discerning range of wine consumers.
We’re a 100% New Zealand owned (proud of it), fast-growing, dynamic company seeking the skills of a practically-minded and proactive individual to join our Bankhouse Estate Vineyard as an Assistant Vineyard Manager.
600ha planted, Bankhouse is one of New Zealand’s largest, single vineyards. This is a senior role within the Bankhouse management team, which actively supports the Bankhouse Estate Vineyard Manager to deliver on Viticulture specifications in terms of quantity, quality, cost, and compliance, overseeing the implementation of the daily operational activities.
This is an exciting, newly-created position and as such we need a self-starter who has strong leadership and self-management skills; to lead, develop and deliver.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Practical vineyard operational and supervisory experience on a medium-to-large scale vineyard;
- Proven leadership and delivery of vineyard operational plans across all areas of Viticulture production;
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles and the ability to identify improvements in systems and process, to reduce cost of production.
- Ability to train and development employees in line with SOP’s and individual development plans;
- A team player with the ability to be part of a team of vineyard professionals and to work to meet common company goals;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Quality-driven approach;
- And above all, a sense of humour.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication we are offering:
- competitive remuneration package, industry aligned,
- our commitment to invest in you - through ongoing training so you can build and grow your skills and knowledge,
- opportunity to contribute to a growing, successful Marlborough vineyard.
We are a family. We’re passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work. If this job sounds like you, drop us a line. And to apply, use the "Apply" button above.
To find out more about Indevin, visit our website www.indevin.com
Unique · Pioneering · Pragmatic
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.