Company: Elephant Hill
Uploaded: 10 July 2019
Closes: 10 August 2019
Elephant Hill is an innovative, multi award-winning winery located on the idyllic Te Awanga coast in Hawke’s Bay. As a producer of premium Hawke’s Bay wine, our vineyards enjoy the spoils of a temperate, dry climate and an extended growing season.
We firmly believe that great wine starts in the vineyard. Because of this, we manage our vineyard inputs extremely carefully and with maximum attention to detail. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in growing only the best. Most of our grapes are hand-picked and all of our processes and activities throughout the season, are targeted to producing only super premium wine.
We are now looking to recruit a Vineyard Manager for our three company vineyards. This position requires a person with a mix of attributes and experience, but this is essentially a “hands-on” position and is a key role in the smooth running of Elephant Hill’s three vineyards.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- Passion for only producing the best, whatever it takes
- Formal training in Viticulture and at least 5 years relevant experience
- Be experienced in operating a range of vineyard equipment
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Good leadership skills and a team player
Reporting directly to the company Viticulturist, your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and managing day-to-day vineyard operations
- Planning, coordinating and supervising labour inputs
- Implementation of spray programs
- Monitor and schedule irrigation inputs
- Maintain proper records of vineyard operational activities, including SWNZ
- Carry out preventative maintenance program for all machinery and equipment
If you have the required experience and passion and would like to be a part of a highly dedicated team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.