Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 10 July 2019
Closes: 30 August 2019
- Start date - late January 2020
- Are you an excellent multi-tasker and have a keen attention for detail?
- Clear communication necessary in this role.
- Harvest experience desirable
About Pernod Ricard Winemakers
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands like Brancott Estate, Stoneleigh and Deutz that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture. We are a company of people with commitment and integrity, a dash of entrepreneurship and a splash of conviviality. The last engagement survey showed that 97% of employees are engaged and proud to be associated with the company. It's a winning mix that's seen the Pernod Ricard Group ascend to co-leader in wine and spirits globally and makes it a great place to work for like-minded people.
We are now looking for 3 Harvest Assistants to join our Technical team over 2020 Harvest in beautiful Marlborough. You will be working to provide our technical team with accurate and timely assistance, in accordance with our standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the grower liaison with contract vineyards intake of fruit
- Assisting the technical team with corporate vineyard sampling/data collection.
- Extended vintage hours will be required for the 6-to-8 week vintage period
We are looking for someone who is friendly and outgoing, who works well in a close team environment, and ideally, who has an interest in viticulture. Some harvest experience is desirable, but not essential. You will be computer literate (bonus if you love technology), with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to produce consistent and accurate results.
You get the benefits of beautiful Marlborough, while working for a global organisation, and the buzz of being involved in Harvest 2020.
Please be aware our sites will all be Smokefree in 2020, and that we can only accept applications from those with the ability to work within New Zealand (as residents/citizens or with the ability to get the appropriate visa).
Applications close 30 August 2019; however we will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.