Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 09 July 2019
Closes: 09 August 2019
We have an opportunity for a Vineyard Foreperson with viticultural experience and a passion to develop their skills further. We are seeking a positive, experienced and self-motivated individual to join our established viticulture team.
This is a varied role, you will be required to work on any of our Marlborough vineyards and be actively involved in supervision of all aspects of vineyard work. This is including the maintenance of sites and facilities, trellis and irrigation installation and maintenance, ATV and machinery operations, and harvest duties as required.
Why come work for us?
- You will work with a great team of people, who enjoy a laugh
- The team has a great deal of experience, and some very knowledgeable people
- You get the benefits of working for a global company, but also the benefits of working in beautiful Marlborough
- We provide a product allowance and other benefits
So what are the sorts of things you can expect from this role?
- Daily planning of operations to ensure activities are compliant, safe and efficient
- Setting daily/weekly work plans, liaising with planning team and site management
- Data entry and management on our vineyard management software, AgCode
- Running daily team meetings with the team you supervise
- Managing continuous improvement audits and outcomes
- Coordination and support with the Machine Operations and Labour teams
Skills and experience required:
- Vineyard experience (5+ years)
- High level of understanding of viticultural practices
- High skill level of operating vineyard equipment and machinery
- Good levels of fitness due to physical nature of role
- High standards of work, flexibility and ability to build strong relationships
- Proven leadership skills and/or abilities
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to work with an iPad for internal systems (with training provided)
- Strong communication skills, motivated, organised with great time management skills
The successful applicant must have a current, full drivers licence and be prepared to work some additional hours, particularly during Vintage.
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture.
- Applications close 19th July 2019, however we will be reviewing applications as they come in.
- Please note all our sites will be Smokefree as of 1 January 2020
- You must have the ability to legally work within New Zealand for us to consider your application
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.