Experienced Cellar Hand
Company: Whitehaven Wine Company
Uploaded: 08 July 2019
Closes: 05 August 2019
Whitehaven is a family-owned Marlborough winery, producing 100% Marlborough wine with an uncompromising focus on quality. We offer outstanding regional examples of Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and a range of other varieties.
We are seeking a Skilled Cellar Hand to join our small and friendly winery team.
Working closely with the Winemakers and reporting directly to the Winery Operations Manager, this is a permanent, hands-on role involved in all aspects of day-to-day cellar operations and wine production.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
- Day-to-day Cellar operations
- Ensuring cellar hygiene practices are maintained
- Supervision and training of casual cellar staff
- Identifying and solving issues as they arise
- Helping to maintain winery equipment and efficiencies
- Ensuring H&S procedures are practised/maintained and improved
With wine quality at the forefront of focus, successful applicants will possess the following attributes:
- A strong attention to detail and sound knowledge of all winemaking operations and processing equipment.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with an ability to build and maintain a positive work environment and lead a small team over the vintage period.
- Developed problem-solving abilities.
- A mechanical aptitude and ability to carry out basic machinery and equipment maintenance.
- Winemaking/Cellar Hand education, or an interest and appreciation for wine.
- A good sense of time management.
- A good level of fitness
A proven track record of working in a medium-to-large winery for a minimum of three years will provide the experience you will need for this role.
Please apply via the button above, or send a written application accompanied by a CV to:
Whitehaven Wine Company Ltd
39 Pauls Rd RD3
Phone (03) 572 7588
All enquiries/applications will be treated with discretion.
A Position Description is available upon request.
As this a permanent position, only people eligible to work in New Zealand should apply.
Applications close 5pm, 5th August 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.