Company: Riversun Nursery
Uploaded: 05 July 2019
Closes: 05 August 2019
- Enhance your viticultural knowledge working with over 200 Grapevine clones and varieties and over 20 rootstock varieties
- You will be a key member of our grapevine nursery team
- Exciting opportunity to use and develop your technical and inter-personal skills
Over thirty five years of commitment to world-class excellence has seen Riversun Nursery become the premium supplier of certified grafted grapevines to the thriving New Zealand wine industry.
We are seeking a talented and dynamic Viticultural Technician to join our successful source and field nursery team.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate:
- A passion for sustainability, quality, accuracy and traceability
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills
- Ability to adhere to stringent procedures and operational timelines
- Detailed work habits, record keeping and problem solving skills
- Commitment to health and safety
With at least two years viticulture experience, the ideal candidate will hold a relevant tertiary qualification, be hard working and prepared to put in extra hours during the busy season and be either a New Zealand citizen, resident or have permission to work in New Zealand.
At Riversun we have learned a thing or two over the years. Firstly, it’s never a perfect world! Secondly, having a positive, can-do attitude and an enquiring mind whilst treating fellow staff, our baby vines and grafting material with decency and respect, counts for more than anything else.
If this exciting opportunity sounds like it might spin your wheels and you believe you have the requisite skills and qualities to spin ours, please download a job description at or email .
Apply via the button above, or applications including a cover letter and CV, can be emailed or posted to our Field Operations Manager, Rory Grant.
Riversun Nursery Ltd
PO Box 1199
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 16th August 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Gisborne wine region, click here