Assistant Vineyard Manager - Wairau
Company: Foley Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 21 June 2019
Closes: 21 July 2019
Assistant Vineyard Manager
Foley Wines is a collection of iconic New Zealand wineries and brands from New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine regions. Each with a unique story of New Zealand wine to tell. Our wineries are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to make great wine that people love to drink around the world – made by land and hand.
We are proud custodians of the Martinborough Vineyard, Te Kairanga, Grove Mill, Vavasour and Mt Difficulty wineries, and world-recognised brands such as Roaring Meg, Russian Jack, Dashwood, Te Tera and Goldwater.
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Vineyard Manager to help manage 120Ha of vineyards over 6 sites and lead a small team of vineyard workers based at our Seventeen Valley Vineyard. This role will report to the Marlborough Vineyard Manager/GLO.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced operator who is looking for the first step into a management role.
In this role you will:
- Supervise permanent, casual and contract vineyard workers on a daily basis to optimise the quality and quantity of the grapes grown on the Wairau Vineyards, owned and leased by Foley Wines Ltd.
- Supervise the operations of all equipment to ensure it is done safely and efficiently; with minimum wastage and downtime.
- Work as required in a hands-on role, be able to operate all equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ensure all training is completed for any machinery operated and all SOPs and Health and Safety policies are always adhered to.
- Be required to work extended hours based upon the season.
- Often be working alone and need to be self-motivated.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 3 years vineyard experience in an operational role.
- Excellent understanding of machinery and mechanical operations on vineyards.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Previous leadership experience will be advantageous.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to problem solve.
- A current driver’s license.
Benefits & Culture:
We offer a competitive salary, full training and a yearly wine allowance, along with an Employee Assistance Program and Southern Cross health insurance discount. We celebrate our successes year-round, with a Harvest Party, BBQs, wine tastings and Christmas Party.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and the successful candidate will have to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.