Vineyard Assistant Manager
Company: FarmRight Ltd
Uploaded: 11 June 2019
Closes: 11 July 2019
We are looking for a Vineyard Assistant Manager for our well-established business in the Marlborough Region. A person who is self-motivated and who can go a few extra miles for the growth of the business.
This role needs a person that is able to assist, lead, plan and implement the day-to-day activities on the Vineyard unit, including vine management and staffing activities.
Working under the general direction of the Vineyard Manager, the successful applicant will be able to align with our viticulture goals and objectives, as well as on a strategic level, and provide input for the continuing development of the management unit so that the vineyard aligns with the overall company’s vision and goals.
Located in Marlborough, the successful applicant would be responsible for daily duties that bring us quality year-after-year, machine operation, supervising seasonal workers, and caring for our vineyards.
- A team player with a can-do attitude and able to problem solve
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Honesty, integrity, accountability and being respectful are core values we are seeking
- Experience in a similar role is desirable; GrowSafe, first aid and onsite training is provided
- Seasonal work (harvest, spraying, frost fighting, etc) may require flexibility of hours or shift work
- A current driver’s licence
What we offer:
- Permanent, full-time, secure employment within a large, supportive and progressive Agricultural Company
- Competitive salary compared with industry standards
- The position will have a supplied vehicle (with some personal use)
- Fortnightly Cellphone allowance, above base salary
- Opportunities for further training and development
- Access to our Company Health and Wellbeing Programme, which includes annual health testing through our medical provider
- Standard hours of work from Monday – Friday, with work on weekends only when operationally required.
If you are interested in applying, please apply via the button above, or send full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Reference: FRAH02. A full job description is available on request.
To apply you must be eligible to work in New Zealand and that you should have NZ residency or a valid work visa on application.
If short-listed, you must be able to attend an interview on the Vineyard.
No overseas sponsorship will be considered at this time. All CVs submitted that do not have NZ residency or a valid work visa, will not be processed further.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.