Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyard
Uploaded: 05 June 2019
Closes: 05 July 2019
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
The grapes that we produce from our Cloudy Bay Vineyards are used to make our internationally-acclaimed wines.
An opportunity currently exists to join the highly-skilled and motivated men and women who make up our Marlborough Vineyards Team, as a Vineyard Operator. This position is responsible for undertaking the full range of operational activities, and reports to the Plant and Equipment Manager.
The role is focused on mechanical operations, utilizing modern tractors and state-of the-art equipment, but also includes some ground-based and technical work. Full training can be provided if necessary, as Cloudy Bay Vineyards offers structured pathways for developing personal skills and careers.
The position will require you to undertake tasks such as:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving
- record keeping, including spray diaries and timesheets
- canopy management, pruning and vine training
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
- grape harvester driving
- other harvest roles as required
- maintaining the vineyard and surrounds
- OH&S participation
- operation and maintenance of required equipment
- involvement in vineyard data collection
- supervise contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff, when required
- consult with employees regarding risk identification, assessment, control strategies and elicit their involvement in improving safety.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- strong, quality-focus along with a proactive approach to health and safety
- flexibility, strong communication skills and a willingness to learn
- ability to adapt differing work environments and vineyard sites
- class 1 valid driver’s license
- class 2, 4, W, F license,
- HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification,
- first aid certificate
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.