Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Te Pa Family Vineyards
Uploaded: 04 June 2019
Closes: 28 June 2019
With close to 500 hectares under vine across Marlborough, we’re one of New Zealand’s fastest growing family-owned wine brands.
We are now on the hunt for an experienced Assistant Vineyard Manager to help with our day- to-day vineyard operations. Our wines are world-class, winning major international awards - and our acclaimed winemaking programme starts in the vineyard.
This position will be predominately based at our picturesque Redwood Hills Vineyard in the world famous Awatere Valley wine region.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Vineyard Manager to manage our vineyards to the highest industry standards
- Ensuring compliance with Spray Diaries, SWNZ and any other record-keeping requirements
- Being proactive towards Health and Safety practices and striving for continual improvement and mentoring of other staff members
- Maximising fruit quality standards commensurate with achieving targeted production yields
- Machinery operations including mowing, spraying, cultivation and trimming
- Ensuring the day-to-day vineyard operations run smoothly
- Assisting our Vineyard Manager in the leadership of the vineyard team
Skills and experience required for this position include:
- Proven leadership skills
- Good team player
- Current NZ Drivers Licence
- At least 3 years of Vineyard Operations experience
The successful applicant will already have several years experience in the vineyard along with some experience of managing staff.
The remuneration package along with a company vehicle and a company mobile phone, will reflect the experience and capabilities of the successful candidate. We have a fun and inclusive workplace culture, including a social club where the team goes on trips and activities.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be an outstanding Assistant Vineyard Manager for te Pa Family Vineyards, we would love to hear from you.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.