Company: Cape Mentelle Vineyards
Uploaded: 30 May 2019
Closes: 30 June 2019
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding three’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. There are 135 hectares under vine across three sites.
We’re looking for a Multi-site Vineyard Operator to join the team at Cape Mentelle. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a well-respected brand and work outdoors in a fulfilling work environment. As part of the team, you’ll further develop your skills through training and task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. This is a hands-on role in the development and upkeep of the vineyards.
The key tasks of this role include, on all three of our vineyard sites:
- Tractor operations such as sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching,spraying, cultivating, harvester and chaser driving, netting
- Canopy management, pruning and vine training
- Irrigation system service and maintenance
- Accountability to follow best practices procedures of vineyard operations, processes and systems
- Supervision of Company casual vineyard staff, when required
- Contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cape Mentelle
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in vineyard and/or other operational agricultural enterprise
- A sound understanding of agronomic principles, with a preference for organic agriculture.
- Experience and will to work a mechanical and outdoor groundwork-based role
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
- Valid C Class Driver’s License
- Desirable: Valid HR / HC License, Forklift License, Chemcert accreditation, first aid training, organic experience
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.