Company: The Hawke's Bay Wine Company Ltd
Uploaded: 30 May 2019
Closes: 21 June 2019
The Hawke’s Bay Wine Company is a custom crush facility based in urban Napier, making premium and ultra premium wine for a range of clients from the very largest wineries in New Zealand, through to many very small boutique producers.
This mix ensures a constant variety of work and gives exposure to many different wines, wine styles and winemaking philosophies.
About the role:
The Laboratory Technician role is a full-time, permanent position, based at our winery in Thames Street.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Tank and barrel sampling
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly analysis, including quality assurance and external laboratory testing
- Making up of and standardising, reagents
- Calibrating winery and laboratory equipment
- Setting up fining and stability trials
- Preparation and dispatch of commercial samples
- Data entry using Vinsight
The successful candidate will have demonstrable excellent attention to detail and be able to recognise results out of specification. The person will also have excellent communication skills and thrive on being part of a small team.
During vintage, extended hours will be required.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, wine allocation and staff pricing. We also run an Employee Assistance Programme.
A chemistry or winemaking qualification is desirable, as is previous laboratory and winery experience. Full training will, however, be given to the successful candidate.
Applications close 21 June 2019 at 4pm.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.