Company: SynergyUN Ltd
Uploaded: 24 May 2019
Closes: 25 June 2019
Tupari is a 40Ha (and growing) family-owned boutique vineyard and wine company on the Awatere River. We require an experienced, safety conscious, hands-on manager who is self-driven, cooperative, communicative, practical and hardworking.
After a suitable induction and orientation period, they will operate unsupervised. They will report to the vineyard owners, and lead our small-staff team and our contractors to run the vineyard to meet an agreed quality and budget and also themselves carry out day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all vineyard day-to-day operations including vine care, weed, pest and disease management, irrigation, vine health, yield and all maintenance,
- Supervise vineyard staff and contractors to ensure a respectful culture and safe, productive, positive, inclusive and quality outcomes,
- Interface with clients to meet their requirements for pruning, spray program, yield, brix, quality, disease levels and coordinating harvest,
- Personally carry out the bulk of the tractor driving, including spraying, mowing, trimming and plucking,
- Manage and plan all maintenance including machinery, irrigation and trellis,
- Interface winter grazing with our farm manager,
- Manage and implement irrigation and frost protection,
- Interface with owners including planning, establish and manage annual budgets and resourcing,
- Assist new vineyard development.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated existing experience in such a role for three years, including demonstrating honesty, integrity, flexibility, problem-solving and good energy levels.
We want the employee on a journey with us for the long term. Additional requirements include good physical fitness, NZ residency, clean driver’s license, Grow-safe and First Aid Certificates.
A recently renovated and warm three bedroom home is available close to the vineyard.
Please apply via the button above, or reply to : email@example.com with your CV, references and written application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.