Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 15 May 2019
Closes: 26 May 2019
We are looking for a Viticulture Technician to support our Awatere Site, with leading, planning and implementing day-to-day activities across 400ha of our Awatere vineyards. This position would provide additional visibility, leadership, coordination, planning and technical expertise for the Wairau-based operations team, while also actively participating in operational tasks.
What does a Viticulture Technician do?
- Support Managers with leading, planning and implementing day-to-day activities including vine management and staff activities.
- Work across the Awatere vineyard sites, providing support with planning and allocation of resources.
- Provide technical support to drive the continued improvement of the Awatere viticulture operations.
- Assist in planning and recruitment of suitably-skilled staff to ensure work is completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner having regard to the Vineyard Operational Plan, budget and following company processes.
- To actively contribute and make recommendations regarding possible improvements in vineyard operational efficiency and/or quality and productivity.
- Assist in ensuring that vintage operations are carried out with maximum efficiency in a safe manner without compromising quality.
Skills and experience required to undertake this role include:
- Degree/Diploma in Viticulture/Horticulture completed/in progress is preferable, or proven industry experience.
- Technical expertise and competence with vineyard related tools, equipment and machinery.
- Proven leadership skills and/or abilities.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to work with an iPad for internal systems with training provided.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, motivated, organised with great time management skills.
- Basic first aid certificate.
What does our operation offer?
- All equipment required to complete your job to a high standard.
- Dedicated team leadership and workshop support.
- Career with opportunity for development, working locally for a global company.
- An emphasis on employee involvement and an industry-leading workplace Health & Safety program.
Training will be provided as required to upskill into this role.
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture. We are a company of people with commitment and integrity, a dash of entrepreneurship and a splash of conviviality. The latest engagement survey showed that 97% of employees are engaged and proud to be associated with the company. It's a winning mix that's seen the Pernod Ricard Group ascend to co-leader in wine and spirits globally and makes it a great place to work for like-minded people.
If this sounds like the new challenge that you have been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! Applications close 26th May 2019. Please note that we will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.