Company: Villa Maria
Uploaded: 15 May 2019
Closes: 02 June 2019
A leader in sustainability, innovation and quality, Villa Maria is a family-owned winery recognised as an icon in the New Zealand wine industry. Listed as ‘Third Most Admired Wine Brand in the World’ by Drinks International, Villa Maria now exports to over 60 countries.
The Villa Maria Family of Wineries, which includes Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Thornbury, Te Awa, Left Field and Kidnapper Cliffs are based in a new winery located near the Gimblett Gravels. The winery is a state-of-the-art facility that focuses on production of premium wines harvested in Hawkes Bay and Gisborne.
The Hawkes Bay winery is looking for a Cellar Supervisor.
The successful applicant will acquire the unique opportunity to work with our highly-talented Winemakers across Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley and Te Awa brands, all under one roof. Reporting directly to the Cellar Manager, this position requires an individual who has demonstrated a history of managing teams on the cellar floor. Strong organisational skills and sound GMPs are integral to the role.
The principle role of the Supervisor is to organise the cellar team workflow and to facilitate the production of quality wine ensuring the integrity and authenticity of different brands unique to individual winemakers.
A robust Health & Safety focus will underlay a primary quality ethic alongside the ability to promote a very competent team of cellar hands capable. These are fundamental attributes for the applicants.
To be considered, you’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Cellar with a minimum of 2 years’ of supervisory duties.
- Proven track record of Cellar floor management, both during and outside of vintage.
- An intimate knowledge of all aspects of winemaking.
- Experience in team building, staff management and development.
- Proactive attitude towards continuous improvement including new work practises and technology.
- Exceptional record keeping and levels of organisational skills.
- An absolute passion for quality.
The role requires a high degree of flexibility, an expectation of varied work hours and will suit someone comfortable with change.
In return, we offer a competitive remuneration package and the chance to build a career with a prestigious and dynamic company.
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form.
All candidates must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
Applications close 2nd June 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.