Sales Account Manager
Company: Mucho Gusto Wine Co.
Uploaded: 08 May 2019
Closes: 08 June 2019
We are a successful, independently-owned wine importer and distributor. For 19 years our company has combined passion with innovation to provide highly-reputed international wines to an ever-changing market. We have recently re-branded our business and are in the process of launching an important new marketing initiative. We are also embarking on a major expansion to both our portfolio and customer base which has resulted in the creation of this position.
Reporting to and working closely with the business owner, this is a stimulating, autonomous role with a wide variety of exciting products with new products continually coming on stream.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, results-focussed sales person who will inherit a platform of existing accounts along with a range of previously identified new opportunities which will be your responsibility to establish and develop relationships to drive the expansion of our sales base. You will also be required to identify and pursue new business prospects on an ongoing basis.
The successful applicant will manage accounts across various channels including grocery, traditional liquor, independent and on-line operators, with the possibility of some on-premise accounts. The exact mix will depend on the successful applicants experience and skill set.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in Auckland. While your territory is primarily within Auckland some accounts will be outside the region so some of out of town travel will be required. You will also need to have certain degree of flexibility in hours to accommodate the needs of clients and events. Weekend or evening hours may be required but this will be the exception rather than the rule.
- Driving the ongoing management and development of strong customer relationships at a store and head office level across your accounts.
- Helping to develop sales strategy with the owner through to implementation.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual sales targets across your accounts.
- Managing and implementing promotional activity and merchandising across your accounts.
- Proven sales experience in the wine industry with a strong off-premise focus and a track record of building sales within a highly competitive market and the ability to hit the ground running.
- A skilled relationship-builder who is well presented, has an outgoing personality and strong communication skills.
- A determined, self-starter with a high level of energy who is able to work autonomously, has the initiative overcome obstacles and the integrity to respond positively to constructive feed-back.
- You will be the face and personality of our brands, so you must have an interest in wine and a willingness to learn about our diverse product range.
- Computer literacy (word and excel) and a valid NZ driver’s license are essential.
Only those with the right to work in New Zealand need apply.
What We Offer
This is an important role within our company and an excellent remuneration package comprising a very competitive base salary + bonus appropriate to the experience and skills of the applicant will be negotiated including a company car, laptop, and mobile phone.
You will have autonomy within the role, the opportunity to develop your skills by working closely with the owner and a path of progression within an ambitious and growing business.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so if you think you have the skills and experience, then please forward your curriculum vitae (including references) and cover letter and contact details to the Operations Manager, Linda@muchogustowine.co.nz or via the "apply" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here