Company: The Urban Winery
Uploaded: 29 April 2019
Closes: 29 May 2019
The Urban Winery is Hawke’s Bay's most unique winery, located in the urban neighborhood of Ahuriri. We’re part winery, cellar door, wine bar, music hub, and venue.
Wine maker and owner, Tony Bish, houses his legendary chardonnay eggs within these walls and on any given day wine tasting, festivals, live music, fine dining, and much more can be found here.
We are looking for a qualified Events Manager to join our growing team. This vital role is responsible for creating and orchestrating large private, public, and ticketed events. But generating fresh ideas is only one part of the job. This person must also run events seamlessly and keep staff members on task to provide the best customer service in Hawke’s Bay. Interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, exceptional communication, organization, and initiative, are must-haves.
Being part of a small staff, regular cellar door, bar, and kitchen shifts are also expected. This is a full-time position with lots of evening and weekends required. We are looking for a two year commitment and someone with the vision to boost us to a nationally recognized venue.
Key Qualifications and Tasks:
- At least five years customer service experience
- At least three years management experience
- Previous experience in a cellar door and broad wine knowledge, either in NZ or abroad
- Food preparation and kitchen safety
- Music expertise for booking musicians
- Familiarity/adaptability to Hawke’s Bay culture to better cater to our audience
- Financial Reporting and budgeting
- Social Media proficiency to run marketing campaigns
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.