Laboratory Supervisor - Grove Mill
Company: Foley Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 24 April 2019
Closes: 24 May 2019
Foley Wines is a collection of iconic New Zealand wineries and brands from New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine regions. Each with a unique story of New Zealand wine to tell. Our wineries are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to make great wine that people love to drink around the world – made by land and hand.
We are proud custodians of the Martinborough Vineyard, Te Kairanga, Grove Mill, Vavasour and Mt Difficulty wineries, and world-recognised brands such as Roaring Meg, Russian Jack, Dashwood, Te Tera and Goldwater.
About the Role
Reporting to the Winemaker, the Laboratory Supervisor is a key part of our small, friendly team based at our Grove Mill Winery. This is a fixed-term contract role of up to 12 months to cover our current Laboratory Supervisor while she is on maternity leave.
- Tank and barrel sampling
- Wine and grape analysis
- Preparation of trials and blends
- Data entry using EZYWine
- Set up of tastings
- Analysis for bottling
- 2 years relevant experience
- The ability to recognise numbers outside of tolerance, raise red flags, and ask questions
- To be able to maintain a high standard of repeatability in all lab testing
- Flexibility to work early and late shifts and longer hours during vintage
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- A team player with a can-do attitude
Benefits and Culture:
Our benefits include onsite parking, Employee Assistance Program and staff pricing for all our wines. We celebrate our successes year-round, with a Harvest Party, BBQs, wine tastings and Christmas Party.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.