Estate Operations Manager
Company: Te Kano Estate
Uploaded: 19 April 2019
Closes: 19 May 2019
Te Kano Estate is one of Central Otago’s newest and most exciting wine ventures. With 15 hectares of vineyard currently in production, 32 hectares entering production and further development plans in the near future, we are seeking an Estate Operations Manager to join us on the next stage of our journey and play a significant role in our future growth.
With a focus on quality, efficiency, adaptability and practicality, the Estate Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Estate and Vineyard operations. The role also encompasses oversight of an extensive native propagation and planting program, conversion to organics, infrastructure development, and project development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years Vineyard Management experience in a leadership role (heading operations)
- A hands-on approach to vineyard work, especially machinery operation
- Experience developing new vineyard land
- The ability to coordinate operations across a number of sites in an efficient and logical manner
- Very strong team and staff management skills
- A detailed, entrepreneurial and forward-looking personality, seeking constant improvement
- The ability to formulate, present and discuss complex plans
- Working knowledge of the field of organics and preferably biodynamics
- Financial acume
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of current Occupational Health & Safety requirements, including implementing and reporting on H&S initiatives and procedures
- A current NZ driver's license and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
This is a complex and diverse role, offering significant challenges to the successful candidate.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to reflect the importance of the position.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.