Senior Cellar Hand/Bottle Line Supervisor
Company: Lawson's Dry Hills
Uploaded: 05 April 2019
Closes: 18 April 2019
Now in our 27th year, Lawson’s Dry Hills is an award-winning, medium-sized Marlborough winery. We are fully autonomous from vineyard to warehousing and our small, hands-on team take pride in producing expressive wines that reflect both the grape variety and the place it was grown.
We have a requirement for a Senior Cellar Hand/Bottling Line Supervisor. Candidates need to have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be a good communicator and a team player.
The position involves:
- Supervising the bottling line including managing staff, maintaining written records, upholding QC standards, conducting maintenance and ensuring safe working practices
- Carrying out cellar work as required by the Winemaker
- Working in conjunction with the Winemaker to undertake and co-ordinate R&M to winery plant and equipment
- Carrying out work in accordance with our health and safety framework
- Supervising our night shift (2-3 staff) during harvest
- Working flexible hours, as required
‘On the job’ training will be provided but the ideal candidate will already have:
- A practical/mechanical ‘hands on’ aptitude
- Extensive Cellar Hand and/or bottling line experience
- The ability to maintain scrupulous written and QC records
- A tertiary qualification in winemaking (not essential but preferred)
If you believe you have the skills and attributes for this key role, please forward your CV and letter of application, via the button above, by Thursday 18 April 2019, 5pm.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.