Machinery Operations Manager - Te Kairanga
Company: Foley Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 26 February 2019
Closes: 08 March 2019
Foley Wines is a collection of iconic New Zealand wineries and brands from New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine regions. Each with a unique story of New Zealand wine to tell, our wineries are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to make great wine that people love to drink around the world – made by land and hand.
We are proud custodians of the Martinborough Vineyard, Te Kairanga, Grove Mill, Vavasour and Mt Difficulty wineries, and world-recognised brands such as Roaring Meg, Russian Jack, Dashwood, Te Tera and Goldwater.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machinery Operations Manager to manage a small team of vineyard workers based at our Martinborough Vineyards in the Wairarapa region. This role will report to the Martinborough Viticulturist/Vineyard Manager.
The successful applicant will need:
- A current and clean car license, preferably a class 2 licence and Wheels, Tracks and Rollers endorsement would be an advantage.
- Competent at operating and managing the maintenance/servicing of machinery and implements in a safe manner within the company’s H&S focus and budgets.
- Have a focus of excellence for our fleet of machinery and take pride in your work.
- To be able to work unsupervised and be a leader of our machinery team.
- Previous viticulture canopy experience.
- GrowSafe and experience with handling chemicals.
- To have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A desire to produce and enjoy great wine.
In this role you will:
- Supervise staff on a daily basis to optimise the quality and quantity of the grapes grown on vineyards owned and leased by FWL.
- Supervise the operation of all equipment to ensure it is done safely and efficiently; with minimum wastage and downtime.
- Work as required in a hands-on role, operate all equipment safely and efficiently; with minimal wastage and downtime.
- Ensure all training is completed for any machinery operated and all SOPs and Health and Safety policy are adhered to at all times.
- Be required to work extended hours depending on the season.
In this role you will be working with the Viticulturist/Vineyard Manager to plan and execute the seasonal machinery demands. Work will include fungicide and herbicide spraying, mowing, trimming, mulching, harvest operations, irrigation R&M and general vineyard duties.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV to Dave Shepherd, Viticulturist and Vineyard Manager at email@example.com by 8th March 2019.
The Company has a Drug and Alcohol Policy and employment will be subject to the successful completion of a Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Martinborough/Wairarapa wine region, click here.