Cellar Door Manager
Uploaded: 05 February 2019
Closes: 22 February 2019
Cellar Door Manager
Love Central Otago wine? Love providing an exceptional level of customer experience? Love working in a dynamic and fun environment?
You could be the right fit for Akarua.
We are on the hunt for a dedicated and enthusiastic wine-lover to join our management team and to manage the popular Bannockburn Cellar Door, which includes overall management of our wine club programme.
Akarua is a renowned, family-owned winery in Central Otago producing world class, cool climate wines for both the domestic and international marketplace.
Established in 1996 by Sir Clifford Skeggs, Akarua is owned by the Skeggs Group. Under the direction of David Skeggs, the company has enjoyed significant growth in the last five years, with close to 100 hectares now in production. Akarua is the largest family-owned winery in Central Otago.
The successful candidate will continue to grow and promote sales through the cellar door and through our wine club by providing outstanding customer experiences. Candidates should have relevant experience in wine sales, leadership abilities, commercial acumen, enthusiasm, creativity and be a willing team member.
This position is a full-time role based at our Akarua winery in Bannockburn.
Reporting to the General Manager and a key member of our Sales and Marketing team, the Cellar Door/Wine Club Manager will possess the following key attributes:
- Develop and drive the strategy around the cellar door experience to maximise sales opportunities and to achieve budgets.
- Experience with Central Otago wine is desirable, as is previous cellar door and/or retail experience.
- General Managers certificate would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Be proficient with use of spreadsheets and other IT systems.
- Willingness and ability to present confidently and knowledgeably, in all situations.
- Developing innovative and fresh ideas to bring about higher foot-traffic to our cellar door.
- Working with, and managing, winery tour providers in the region.
- Training, leading and managing current cellar door staff, including creating work rosters.
- Managing the popular and extensive wine club and developing strategies to retain members and recruit new ones.
- Flexibility to work on occasional weekends and events outside of normal working hours.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a successful and dynamic family-owned winery in Central Otago.
This position is open for an immediate start so that full training and handover can be provided by the existing manager. Full employment terms, including remuneration, will be discussed during interview.
To apply use the button above, or please email email@example.com
Closes 22nd February 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.