Company: Yealands Estate Wines
Uploaded: 23 January 2019
Closes: 23 February 2019
- Great team and career development, roles from Level 1 - Level 3 available
- Growing, progressive business that’s a leader in wine production
- Great benefits inc Wine allowance + Health Care + transport
Our company is just 10 years young and has quickly become a global leader in sustainable wine production. Inspired to think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done, Yealands has achieved rapid international growth, exporting to over 77 countries. Our place, our people and our wines are every bit extraordinary. Our winery produces approximately 20,000T each year of mostly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris, with smaller amounts of Riesling, Chardonnay, Merlot and Gruner Veltliner.
This role is based at our stunning winery estate in Seddon and you will be working with award-winning winemakers, in a well-equipped winery. A progressive and ambitious workplace, you will bring your enthusiasm and practical attitude to this growing team.
The role will be very hands-on and you will be involved in all general cellar operations from grape processing through to final preparation of wine for packaging. Duties will include machinery operation and barrel work in one of the most technologically-advanced cellars in NZ.
Whether you are a cellar pro or looking for a change in direction, we have roles at different levels available and full training will be given.
You will require the following experience and attributes:
- A positive attitude, great sense of humour and a team player
- A high level of physical fitness
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Ability to work and perform under pressure
- Clear communication and problem solving skills
- Forklift experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
Working hours are 07:00 – 15:30 Monday – Friday, with an increase over the peak harvest period.
Yealands can offer the chance to join a great team in a growing business as well as:
- Training and development with clear progression and a chance to build a career in the wine industry
- Great employee benefits including Health insurance, flexible working, long service recognition, quarterly awards and monthly wine allowance
- Hourly rate $20 - $30p/h + depending on experience
- Free transport from Blenheim to the winery
If you are looking to join a great team we would love to chat to you. For more information or to ask any questions please contact, Fiona Campbell, HR Advisor – 027 2231551.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.