South Island Labour Manager
Uploaded: 18 January 2019
Closes: 18 February 2019
- Integral leadership role
- Successful and high-performing operation
- Marlborough based - competitive package on offer
Thornhill Horticultural Labour Specialists is a privately-owned business providing labour to the viticulture and horticulture industries in both Marlborough and the Hawkes Bay.
A busy company and a down-to-earth team, Thornhill have a rare vacancy for an energetic, friendly and approachable Labour Manager to provide effective leadership to the operational staff in Marlborough.
Reporting to the South Island Manager your key tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead/manage vineyard workers and supervisors
- Manage daily labour operations on our Marlborough clients vineyards
- Process implementation and ongoing reviews
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Job pricing, negotiation and rate setting
- Vinea ‘super-user’ - be the go-to on all Vinea related issues/queries/training
- Inventory control and ordering/purchasing
- Resolution of any disputes/issues
- Commitment to successful, working relationships with key industry stakeholders
- Driving business growth, efficiency and H&S focus at all times
Key to your success will be your self-motivated outlook, attention to detail, hands-on approach and top-notch people skills. You will be someone that thrives in a team environment where you are leading and motivating a diverse workforce while at the same time fostering thriving relationships with suppliers, clients and key stakeholders, ensuring a high-quality delivery of service at all times.
Practical experience in a similar role within the viticulture industry is necessary, as you will need to be already well-versed in the specifics (pricing, timeframes, process etc.) in order to hit the ground running. For the right applicant there is absolutely room to move and grow within the business over time.
As you will know, this is not a desk bound role so your desire to work in a hands-on capacity where required, and be present in the field a lot of the week, is important.
If you love what you do and are looking for a forward-thinking and fun team to work with, then this could be a great career opportunity for you.
For any enquiries regarding this full-time, permanent role please contact Tania McCaa on 0220 887 903.
Please APPLY ONLINE at www.intepeople.co.nz or via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.