Company: Zeffer Cider
Uploaded: 16 January 2019
Closes: 16 February 2019
We are a young, enthusiastic team that has achieved global success through awards and sales growth. With our increasing production volumes, we require an Assistant Cidermaker with the skills and experience that contribute to working in a safe, fun, fast-paced environment. You will have a focus on continuous production improvement and a passion for ensuring the quality of cider we produce remains at the highest level.
Reporting to our head cider maker, and coordinating with other production team members, this role will be very hands-on and it will be important to operate effectively to ensure all cider production runs smoothly and efficiently.
You will bring a broad range of skills to the company and the successful applicant will require the following attributes:
- At least 3 years previous winemaking and/or cidermaking experience.
- Be self-motivated and able to work both on their own and as part of a team.
- Be proactive and use initiative.
- Hold a current drivers licence.
- Show a passion for excellence and attention to detail.
- Winemaking or beverage production qualifications are preferred.
- Be well-organised and good with numbers.
You will be responsible for carrying out a variety of cider making operations which include, but are not limited to:
Cellar activities/Work Planning:
- Ferment monitoring
- Tank Cleaning
- Lab analysis and ordering, including lab maintenance
- Assisting with NPD
- Record keeping
- Forklift driving
- Contribution to Health and Safety initiatives
- Barrel work - washing, filling, topping, etc.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application letter and current CV via the apply button above.
Applications close February 16, 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.