Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 10 January 2019
Closes: 10 February 2019
Villa Maria is New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery, 100% family-owned and named top ten most admired wine brand and first in New Zealand by Drinks International for the last four consecutive years (2015 - 2018). At Villa Maria we are just as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine and we are excited to announce a new opening in our Auckland based team.
Our state of the art Auckland winery is unique, offering our employees the opportunity to work with super-premium fruit sourced from some of the greatest vineyard sites throughout New Zealand, while retaining the lifestyle of Auckland City.
Reporting directly to the Cellar Manager, this role requires individuals who have demonstrated a history of managing teams on the cellar floor.
The principle role of the Supervisors is to organise teams and workflows to confidently produce quality wine using processes prescribed by winemakers. There is a need to ensure the integrity and authenticity of different brands and styles of wines unique to individual winemakers.
A strong health and safety focus will underlay a primary quality, ethic and the ability to promote a very competent team of cellar hands capable of directing vintage staff. These are fundamental attributes for the applicants.
Applicants are expected to have had at least 5 years’ experience in the food and beverage industry and an intimate knowledge of all aspects of wine processing will be required.
Other qualities we are seeking include:
- A passion for wine and an enthusiasm for embracing new technology and work practise.
- Experienced and confident with leadership and team building.
- Strong record-keeping ability and very high level of organisational skills are a necessity for this role.
- This role requires a high degree of flexibility and an individual who is comfortable dealing with changes that may occur and varied hours of work.
- Display a positive attitude, ability to lead by example and have strong communication skills.
If you are looking for a position that offers training, responsibility and job satisfaction and you are eligible to work in New Zealand, apply now!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here