Vintage Assistant Winemakers
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 08 January 2019
Closes: 08 February 2019
It’s now more than 30 years since we introduced the world to the first Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. Today our Marlborough wines are still making history. At Pernod Ricard Winemakers New Zealand, we maintain an exceptional focus on premium products as well as results. We are New Zealand’s premier wines and Spirits Company, leading the way in everything we do.
We are gearing up for another fantastic vintage and would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join the Pernod Ricard New Zealand Marlborough Winery team in early 2019.
Applicants for these roles will need to have a relevant tertiary qualification, and a keen interest in winemaking. Join us to grow your knowledge and be supported by experienced Winemakers from our team.
These are fixed-term, full-time, for a period of 8 to 10 weeks and vintage generally runs from mid-March to mid-May; however this may vary due to vintage conditions. We need most people to work either morning or afternoon/night shifts.
We are passionate about making great wine. Our warm and friendly team are ready to show you why, and welcome you on-board!
In return, we offer:
- Good pay and lots of hours!
- Opportunity to work at the largest winery in New Zealand
- Great leadership from our on-site managers
- Excellent induction and training
- A superb vintage experience at an award-winning winery
- Access to staff discount on products
Applications Close: January 31st 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.