Company: Wither Hills Marlborough Ltd
Uploaded: 08 January 2019
Closes: 08 February 2019
An opportunity has become available for a Cellar Hand to join our friendly winery team at Wither Hills reporting into the Winemaker.
Established in 1994, Wither Hills (owned under the Lion portfolio), is dedicated to the philosophy that exceptional wines are ‘created in the vineyard’. As a Cellar Hand you will be part of an expert team that grow and craft exceptional wines.
In this role you will actively participate in all aspects of daily operations in the winery, and you will ensure all cellar work is completed in line with SOPs and winemakers’ instructions. The Cellar Hand will actively ensure production plans are delivered while pursuing improvements in safety, quality, value creation, productivity and culture within the wine team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Good understanding and experience of cellar work including cleaning, racking, blending, barrel work, fining, operating harvest equipment like presses, etc.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, especially during the harvest period
- Always considering health and safety first
- Ability to work on and complete projects and to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and team mentality
- Interest in wines and winemaking
- A valid forklift license would be advantageous
Part of helping our people live well is to reward them fairly for the contribution they make to our business everyday, by ensuring our compensation system is fair and competitive to market rates.
When you work with us, we’ll give you an experience like no other.
Experience life empowered - find out how you’ll be your best with us.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.