Company: Wairau River Wines
Uploaded: 07 January 2019
Closes: 07 February 2019
Established in 1978 by Phil and Chris Rose, Wairau River produces wines exclusively from their estate vineyards.
We require a passionate and experienced Assistant Winemaker to join our winemaking team.
This is a new role and as we are a close-knit, family-owned company, we need a team player with a strong work ethic, who is flexible, highly-motivated and committed to maintaining our high standards of quality.
Key tasks include:
- All day-to-day cellar operations.
- Providing technical support to the Winemakers and Production Manager.
- Safety training and management of compliance.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the winemaking process and procedures.
- Assist in the training, supervising and mentoring of harvest staff.
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years winery experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in winemaking.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of winemaking principles and practices.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- Excellent initiative and problem-solving ability.
- Willingness to work a rostered shift, including weekends and extended hours, as required.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.