Site Leader - Riverlands
Company: Constellation Brands NZ
Uploaded: 20 December 2018
Closes: 20 January 2019
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands Kim Crawford and Nobilo driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of ‘elevating life with every glass raised.’
About The Role:
To develop and execute an over-arching management plan for the Riverlands winery under the direction of the Head of Wine Production. To carry out duties efficiently, safely and deliver on KPIs and meet agreed budgets. Gain agreement and execute seasonal winemaking plan for the Riverlands Winery, ensuring that the wines made are of a quantity, quality and style to meet the company’s marketing requirements.
- Plan and control all management aspects of winery operations at Riverlands
- Set and manage annual operational and capital budget plans for Riverlands
- Manage and audit Wine Quality Control systems in the winery for fruit-picking through to bottling
- Carry out continuous improvement strategy and direction to deliver sustainable improved results
- Effectively lead the team at Riverlands ensuring the team are engaged and deliver on KPI’s
- Ensure all health, safety and quality principles are incorporated into daily activities
- Implement appropriate engineering, maintenance and facilities management strategies
- Support future-proofing strategies for winery build out/improvements
- A demonstrated track record of high volume operations management within a food safe environment (preferably fluid flow environments)
- Management of Balanced score cards, measures and measure cascades
- Experience in production management and demonstrated ability to develop people
- Led multifunctional teams, including HSE, Planning, Quality, Lab, Production, Logistics
- Demonstrable Lean or Continuous improvement leadership
- Knowledge of the winemaking process preferable, but not essential
Benefits and Culture:
Our benefits include a bonus scheme, share schemes, Safe Ride Home Programme, wine allowance, wellness programme, and more. We offer a team environment as Riverlands is one of three NZ wineries for Constellation Brands to bring out the best quality for our customers.
We celebrate our successes year-round with an end-of-year harvest party, children’s Christmas party for family, Selaks Roast Day lunch, and much more.
Applications close 20 January 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.