Production/Bottling Line Operator
Company: Cape Mentelle Vineyards
Uploaded: 17 December 2018
Closes: 17 January 2019
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding five’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. There are more than 150 hectares under vine and the winery crushes about 1,500 tonnes of fruit from the estate vineyards and contract-grown fruit sourced from within the region.
We are looking for a talented Production/Bottling Line Operator to play an integral role in our winery’s production. You will step up and predominantly lead the bottling team on a daily basis, but also be involved in general winery duties including cellar and barrel work. Your expertise will allow you to contribute to continuous improvement plans for all elements of the bottling line and cellar functions.
The key tasks of this position are to:
- Lead the bottling line operations using compliant and quality-minded techniques.
- Contribute to the improvement plans with problem solving, equipment suggestions etc.
- Conduct routine maintenance, preparation and operation of all machinery components of the bottling/labelling line including start up, running, shut down and sanitation.
- Perform all cellar duties, including harvest shift-work.
- Ensure that work areas are maintained in an appropriate state of cleanliness, organization and hygiene.
- Participate in harvest as a team leader and take an active role in the orientation, induction and training programs for new cellar and bottling personnel.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Prior proven skills in bottling/labelling on low-to-medium speed packaging lines
- Winery, brewery or other food processing and packaging experience
- Comprehensive understanding of food safety and food handling best practices
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience in quality norms and/or lean systems, is desirable
- A forklift license or ability to obtain one
Competitive salary + annual bonus + 9.5% super + wine allocation
To apply, please visit our career website: https://cape-mentelle-vineyards-1.workable.com/
or via the "apply" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.