Company: Jackson Estate
Uploaded: 06 December 2018
Closes: 08 January 2019
Responsible to: Head Winemaker
Hours of Employment: Generally, 40hrs/week but as Vintage and season dictates.
- To be responsible for the basic day-to-day operations of the winery cellar, and all laboratory analysis
- To be responsible for areas of domestic and export associated logistics and data entry
- Planning of wine production with the Head Winemaker
- Management of cellar work programs and their implementation, with daily work schedules communicated efficiently and effectively
- Management and practice for all company and client laboratory analysis
- Implement and manage routine cellar practices working to planned time frames, including barrels racking schedule and associated work
- During vintage, manage permanent and casual cellar staff, including their training and development and carry out cellar work as required
- Ensure contract winemaking is carried out to specification
- Maintain the Cellar, Dispatching and S.O.P Manuals, which specify required procedures and ensure they are being followed
- Maintain the servicing of all winery equipment in conjunction with a planned maintenance programme and relevant contractors
- Maintenance of the winery waste water system
- Maintenance of cellar hygiene and ordering of cellar dry goods and their record keeping
- Production logistics up to bottling and packing of wine stock
- To be responsible for the correct in-market information on all packaging
- Help facilitate logistics and ordering, as required
- To be responsible for the compliance of SWNZ, HACCP, OSH, WSMP, Export audit requirements and Council Consents.
- To participate in weekly planning/scheduling meeting for vineyard, winery, logistics
- Conduct company tastings and hosting duties for Domestic and International clients as required
- Light duty domestic travel and market support
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.