Company: FROMM Winery
Uploaded: 04 December 2018
Closes: 04 January 2019
FROMM Winery, Blenheim
Starting date: as soon as possible or in June/July 2019
FROMM Winery is a small, family-owned, organic vineyard and winery in Marlborough. Founded in 1992, we make premium Pinot Noir, Syrah, Malbec, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc. We are currently seeking a person to join our small team.
Assisting with day-to-day vineyard operations, onsite bottling and packaging of wine, the role would best suit a candidate with an interest in the entire annual cycle of a vineyard. The successful applicant will have previous vineyard experience and some history operating tractors and machinery.
Duties to include:
- Day-to-day vineyard maintenance and ground work.
- Machinery operations, including mowing, spraying, cultivation, trimming and net work.
- Basic mechanical repair, maintenance and servicing of equipment.
- Periodic supervision of casual labour.
- Harvest operations.
- Winter pruning.
- Assisting in bottling and labelling.
- Receival of winery and vineyard dry goods.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to undertake simple repair and maintenance.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Flexibility to work additional hours in order to meet operational and seasonal demands as required.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team.
- Current driver’s license and own transport.
- Forklift license and Growsafe Certificate an advantage.
Please send your Application to: Stephan@frommwinery.co.nz or apply via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.