Vintage positions for a Senior Cellar Hand/Supervisor and a Laboratory Supervisor
Company: Jackson Estate
Uploaded: 28 November 2018
Closes: 28 January 2019
One of Marlborough’s original family winemakers, Jackson Estate, has always focused on producing the absolute best wines possible from our Estate vineyards.
As such, we have built a brand new winery specifically for the top 15% of our wine program, focusing primarily on our premium cool climate Pinot Noir’s from the Marlborough region.
We are currently seeking motivated and experienced candidates to fill the following positions for the 2019 harvest season:
- Vintage Senior Cellar Hand/Supervisor
- General Cellar Hand
- Vintage Laboratory Supervisor
We are a small team so you must have a winemaking qualification, have worked a minimum of three vintages in a red cellar and be thoroughly versed in all areas of cellar, or if applying for the lab, good experience in hands-on lab analysis.
You must be adaptable and also be able to work independently for extended periods, and ideally, will have a current forklift licence and be experienced driving one.
Having a genuine passion for wine and an interest in learning how we produce world-class wines from the Marlborough region, will be a significant advantage.
Employment would commence mid/late March 2019 and would run for 4-6 weeks, however, this may be extended, season dependant. The ability to work 7 days a week and long hours each day over a sustained period of time, is essential.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to experience a New Zealand vintage, predominantly working with variatels other than Sauvignon Blanc. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.