Grounds and Maintenance Technician
Company: Cape Mentelle Vineyards
Uploaded: 19 November 2018
Closes: 19 December 2018
Cape Mentelle Vineyards are proud to be one of Margaret River’s founding three wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of this place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 40 years of viticultural history.
We are currently looking for a Grounds and Maintenance Technician to assist the Maintenance and Systems Manager in presenting and maintaining the winery grounds and surrounds to a standard befitting the Cape Mentelle brand. You will be directly responsible for the day-to-day activities related to general maintenance, repairs and upgrades at the three Cape Mentelle sites, water distribution and treatment systems.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Maintain and develop winery grounds and surrounds
- Assist the Maintenance and System Manager in the commissioning, repair and maintenance, and decommissioning of any utilities and equipment as needed
- Answer general maintenance ticket requests
- Facilitate our water distribution and treatment systems based on 3 types of water (rain water, treated water and winery waste water)
- Manage pest control in winery buildings and surrounds
- Ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with health and safety policies and procedures
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A trade qualification & experience (mechanical, plumbing, general maintenance, horticulture or related field)
- Proven experience in a grounds/maintenance role
- Previous experience in operating irrigation and water systems
- Ability to work with limited supervision and contribute to identifying improvement opportunities
- Strong commitment to, and knowledge of, health and safety principles and practices
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.