Cellar Hand - Drylands
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand Ltd
Uploaded: 15 November 2018
Closes: 30 November 2018
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country's #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands, Kim Crawford and Nobilo, driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home, and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more.
Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of elevating life with every glass raised.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Cellar Hand to work at our Drylands Winery in Marlborough, following a promotion in the team. Reporting to the Cellar Manager, Drylands, this role is in the cellar where our award-winning wines are crafted.
- Following all safety procedures, ensuring proper PPE, incident reporting, etc.
- Harvest operations, including supervising, crushing and pressing.
- Assist with the cellar operations for blending, fining, clarification, preparation and despatch.
- Experience in a winery and working harvest, preferred.
- A reasonable level of fitness, as harvest requires 12-hour shifts, 6 days per week.
- Shift work required during other times 7am-3.30pm and 3pm-11.30pm (2 weeks/2 weeks) OR, could consider full-time 3pm-11.30pm, if preferred.
- A current full drivers licence, forklift certified, preferred.
- Practical approach to solving problems and a can-do attitude.
Benefits and Culture:
- Our benefits include a shift allowance, overtime payments, wine allowance, wellness programme, bonus scheme, Safe Ride Home Programme and more.
- We offer a team environment working alongside our winemakers and lab staff.
- Cellar staff are also offered a comprehensive training programme through Competenz.
Apply now, via the button above, to start your application by 30 November 2018, or contact email@example.com for a confidential conversation.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.