Quality & Compliance Manager
Uploaded: 12 November 2018
Closes: 15 December 2018
The Booster Wine Group is seeking a dynamic, reliable team player to join our multi-regional business as a Quality & Compliance Manager.
Booster Wine Group - (Awatere River Wines Marlborough, Waimea Estates Nelson & Sileni Wines, Hawkes Bay & Bannock Brae Central Otago).
Booster is a New Zealand-owned financial services company managing about $3 billion on behalf of over 120,000 Kiwis. Booster is one of the nine government-appointed, default KiwiSaver providers.
Booster manages a private equity fund, Booster Tahi LP, which has made significant equity investments in New Zealand small and medium-sized unlisted companies. Booster Tahi has a strong focus on NZ agricultural business, particularly wine, avocados and kiwifruit.
The Booster Wine Group includes all of Booster Tahi's investments in the wine industry and encompasses four wineries (Sileni Wines, Awatere River, Waimea Estates and Bannock Brae), owns over 350 hectares of vineyards in Marlborough, Nelson and Hawkes Bay, and leases another 350 hectares of vineyards. Collectively, the entities within the Booster Wine Group will rank within the top dozen wine businesses in New Zealand.
This is an exciting, new role which is primarily responsible for ensuring all the processes throughout the business follow the highest industry standards of operating behaviors and food safety awareness, along with Environmental & Health and Safety compliance. It is responsible for ensuring all relevant legislation and compliances are met, while focusing on maintaining and improving our culture and focus on quality.
The key functions of this role include:
- Managing, facilitating and maintaining all aspects of Awatere River Wine Company, Waimea Estates and Sileni Wines compliance, QA, Health and Safety and audit requirements. This will require working closely with the Department Managers, and production teams, and externally with auditors.
- Ensuring compliance is achieved with HACCP, Sustainable Wine NZ and Wine Standards Management Plan.
- Creating and maintaining document control of all vineyard and winery operations.
- Identifying and further developing the group’s quality and safety focus.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work (2015) Act and its implications, and an ability to implement health and safety strategies and assessing risks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Quality, Compliance (including H&S) and Assurance is desirable, but not essential.
- Technical knowledge of the food industry, particularly the wine industry, is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of relevant government legislative requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other common management and administrative software.
- The ability to build relationships and influence a wide range of people.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a dynamic individual who has the ability to be a motivated self-starter, while also working well within a team environment. This is a multi-regional role and as such the right candidate can be located in either Hawke’s Bay, Marlborough or Nelson/Tasman regions.
If you’re up to the challenge, have administrative skills and loads of energy, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Waimea Estates, 59 Appleby Highway, Nelson, or via the "apply" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here