Vintage Assistant Winemakers
Company: Rose Family Estate
Uploaded: 08 November 2018
Closes: 30 November 2018
Established in 1978 by Phil & Chris Rose, Rose Family Estate produces wines exclusively sourced from their estate vineyards. Today, together with their five children, the extended Rose family manages and retains total control from vine to bottle.
We are looking for passionate and experienced Assistant Winemakers to join our team for Vintage 2019, with fixed-term positions available from March through to May.
We are seeking applications from those who have:
- 5 years winemaking experience (sorry no first-timers)
- Tertiary qualifications in winemaking
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of winemaking principles and practices
- Good level of physical fitness
- Excellent initiative and problem-solving ability
- Willingness to work a rostered shift, including weekends and extended hours as required
- Legal entitlement to work in NZ
Rose Family Estate provides the opportunity to work with a small, passionate team, gaining valuable experience in all aspects of winemaking.
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter via the APPLY NOW button.
Applications close 30th November 2018.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.