Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Company: Mount Brown Estates Ltd
Uploaded: 07 November 2018
Closes: 30 November 2018
Mount Brown Estates is a family-owned, premium winery in the Waipara Valley producing a range of wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Tempranillo. Our Pinot Noir has won both domestic and international acclaim.
We are seeking a Vintage Assistant Winemaker for 2018, beginning late-March 2018, for approximately 12 weeks.
The role offers diverse experience in dealing with large commercial quantities along with smaller parcels of premium wine.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with at least 3 vintages of practical experience.
- The ability to monitor and assess multiple fermenting vessels.
- Be hands-on and hard-working, with a willingness to work the long hours that vintage requires.
- A broad knowledge of all winery operations and equipment.
- Sound laboratory and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent sensory skills.
- Current drivers license and ideally a forklift license.
The breadth of winemaking, a small team and the responsibility of the role, makes this an excellent chance to further develop your winemaking career, particularly in relation to small premium parcels. This position would also suit an experienced Cellar Hand wanting to get into winemaking.
Please email your CV via the apply button above before 30 November 2018.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.