Vintage Late Shift Laboratory/Admin Supervisor
Company: GisVin Ltd
Uploaded: 10 October 2018
Closes: 12 November 2018
GisVin is a contract winemaking facility, crushing an assortment of local and national varietals to client specification, processing the grapes to dispatching chilled clarified juice and/or up to bottle-ready wine.
We are seeking an extraordinary individual to assist in the running of the winery laboratory during the late-shift of Harvest 2019.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Winemaking or Chemistry Qualification at degree/post grad level
- At least three to five harvests under their belt in a medium-size winery as a Lab Assistant or Assistant Winemaker
- Passion to produce outstanding quality-driven wines
- A practical understanding of winery processes, including flotation and RDV operations
- Detailed knowledge of wet chemistry analyses including spectrophotmeter, sulphur by aspiration, alcohol by distillation
- Excellent and proven people-management skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and adapt to situations under pressure, is a must
- Knowledge of winery operating systems and Excel (Vintrace would be advantageous)
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to be proactive and work unsupervised
The position will be responsible for the smooth running of the winery alongside the Cellar Supervisor during the late shift in the absence of the day management team.
In return for your passion, we offer a competitive remuneration package and a full training program. We will be looking to commence employment early-February prior to the start of harvest.
If this sounds like you, please click on the "apply" button above, tell us about your experience and attach your CV.
The East Cape is known for its relaxed lifestyle, cultural diversity, seafood, fishing and pristine surf beaches.
Please visit our website for further information.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Gisborne wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.