Commercial Supply Manager
Auckland or Marlborough
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 12 September 2018
Closes: 12 October 2018
Pernod Ricard Winemakers is part of the Global Pernod Ricard Group – the World’s Co-leader in the Wine and Spirits Industry with an unrivalled collection of brands, including Absolut® Vodka, Chivas Regal®, Jameson®, Jacob's Creek®, Brancott Estate®, and more.
It’s now more than 30 years since we introduced the world to the first Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc – today, our Marlborough wines are still making history. At Pernod Ricard Winemakers, we maintain an exceptional focus on premium products as well as results. We are New Zealand’s premier wines and spirits company leading the way in everything we do.
Our success is the result of the passion and commitment of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a common bond: a commitment to our values of mutual trust, entrepreneurial spirit, strong sense of ethics and conviviality as our way of being.
We have a fantastic and exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Supply Manager to join our team based in either Marlborough or Auckland, New Zealand.
We are looking for a motivated and commercial savvy person with exceptional relationship management skills to join this high-performing team.
The role is responsible for overall management of wine and juice supply by:
- Managing contracted grape supply and enhancing the Company’s relationship with its grape suppliers and brokers
- Leading the procurement and sale of materials (grape/juice/wine) to and from external sources
- Developing strategies for implementing procedures and enhancing our supply position
- Develop programmes with the Viticulturist team aimed at fostering grower relationships
- Managing the Grape, Juice and Wine Purchase Supply Agreement approval process
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and proactive problem solver. They will have proven success in the Agricultural Industry with the ability to work with a diverse range of people, solve problems and improve processes.
This role is full-time working the core business hours, however flexibility is key to this role as during vintage harvest, occasional afternoon and weekend work is required, as well is some national travel.
Essential Skill Set:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification with agricultural experience
- Display strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Have operational planning experience and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrate efficiency from a result-orientated work ethic
- Proven ability to deliver results to the business with the required time and of the utmost quality
We offer a culture second to none. We are constantly innovating, creating and growing. If you think you have what it takes and you’re ready to make your mark with us, apply today.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here