Employment Standards Legislation Bill
The Employment Standards Legislation Bill proposes to amend the New Zealand employment law to ensure it responds to the modern, dynamic business environment and encourages fair and productive workplaces.
The changes will:
- Extend paid parental leave to more workers and increase the flexibility of the scheme
- Strengthen enforcement of employment standards
- Address issues such as “zero-hour contracts” and other unfair employment practices.
The Bill makes changes to the following legislation:
- Employment Relations Act 2000
- The Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act 1987
- Minimum Wage Act 1983
- Holidays Act 2003
- Wages Protection Act 1983