Company: Cape Mentelle Vineyards
Location: Western Australia
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Cape Mentelle Vineyards are proud to be one of Margaret River’s founding five wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 40 years of viticultural history.
We are currently looking for a skilled Operations Winemaker to join the team at Cape Mentelle. This position is based in Margaret River, Western Australia. Reporting to the Technical Director and part of the technical team and tasting committee, you will be responsible for ensuring all day-to-day winemaking operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, resulting in the highest quality standards achievable and within legal requirements.
You will be expected to be a committed and high-performing member of the team in the achievement of the following missions:
- Wine fermentation, ageing, blending and bottling preparations
- Harvest preparation and operations
- Cellar operations and coordination, including the training, organisation and management of 3 permanent, and up to 10 casual, staff members
- Participation in planning, budgeting and reporting
- Member of the environmental team
- Workplace safety focus and continuous improvement
- Wine Communication and Brand representation
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Winemaking, Enology or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of winemaking experience in mid-size wineries and in-depth understanding of winemaking processes and equipment
- Thorough safety awareness
- Collaborative and team oriented approach, complemented by planning and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity, strong work ethic and commitment to wine quality and sustainability
- Languages: English, French is a plus.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.capementelle.com.au/
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business