Harvest Cellar Intern
Company: Dry Creek Vineyard
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Dry Creek Vineyard is a leading family-owned winery in the beautiful Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County, California. Beginning with the first vintage in 1972, Dry Creek Vineyard produces acclaimed Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Zinfandel, and red Bordeaux-style blends.
We are seeking three seasonal, full-time interns to join our winemaking team for the upcoming 2018 harvest season. This season typically runs from early-to-mid August to early November, depending on weather.
Wine quality is of the utmost importance. Qualified candidates must possess a strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude. Interns are responsible for all aspects of cellar work including crush pad operations, cap management (pumpovers/punchdowns), fermentation monitoring, additions, rackings, barrel work, shoveling out tanks for pressing, bottling line labor, etc. A significant amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation. There will also be opportunities for interns to visit and sample vineyards.
This is a physically-demanding harvest position that may require long hours and little time off, depending on the pace of the season. Ideal candidates will have a formal winemaking education and/or previous harvest experience. International candidates are encouraged. Pay is hourly, housing is provided for candidates who live out of the area, and use of a car for transportation to and from work will be available, if needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous winery production and harvest experience.
- Strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage changing priorities and workflow.
- Passion for winemaking and desire to learn winemaking operations and their effect on wine quality and style.
- Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to learn forklift operation.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.drycreekvineyard.com/
For information regarding Wine in America.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business