Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
We’re looking for a skilled Assistant Winemaker to join the winery team at Cloudy Bay. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to a premium, modern and friendly work environment and develop your skills further with good training and task diversity. You will be responsible for assisting the winemaking team in the areas of Style winemaking, Operational winemaking, research projects/trials, quality control and some Environmental and WHS functionalities.
The key tasks of this position are:
- Using your attention to detail to monitor the quality of the wine within time parameters
- Participate in the planning and organization activities and projects such as shift rosters, vintage induction, ordering dry goods, winery Capex projects, etc
- Manage batch codes for dry goods tracking, participating in Quality Management & Safety reviews and acting on quality problems and using your judgement to escalate some issues
- Contribute to cellar work as required with the aim of becoming familiar with all aspects of cellar work and production flow at Cloudy Bay
- Participating in the Vintage season as a team leader, managing night shift and participating in shift work or rostering
- Attend and participate as an active member in blending sessions/weekly tasting sessions/benchmark tastings
- Following all OH&S policies and procedures and proactively contribute by example to the safe working culture of the winery team
In order to be successful in this position you will:
- B.S., Bachelor or ideally Master’s Degree in Winemaking, Enology or related field
- Previous winery experience (at least 2 different vintages/harvests in 2 different countries and languages)
- Practical knowledge of winemaking systems, processes and safety requirements
- Thorough understanding of winemaking principles
- Sensory evaluation skills (wine tasting) and a commitment to quality wine
- Planning and organization skills
- Personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene codes of conduct
- Be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
To find out more about this company, visit the website: bit.do/cloudybay
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business