Cellar Door Host - Central Otago
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Cellar Door
Established in New Zealand since 1985, and as part of the LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton luxury group, Cloudy Bay Vineyards initially based in Marlborough, is seeking a new Cellar Door in Cromwell, Central Otago. The region is home to the premium Te Wahi, our Central Otago Pinot Noir.
We are seeking an outgoing Cellar Door Host with a positive and professional attitude, able to provide an unforgettable experience to our international customers.
As the Cloudy Bay Shed will be brand new, we are looking for a self-driven and very enthusiastic person taking part in a new and exciting adventure promoting an international brand. This position requires passion for excellence in hospitality and customer service. Proactivity and integrity are mandatory as the Brand Experience Ambassador must be able to rely on you for the daily operations of the cellar door.
The key tasks of this position are:
- Be an ambassador of the brand by hosting all visitors and sharing knowledge related to the brand DNA and its wines
- Deliver an outstanding level of service and experience
- Encourage visitors loyalty through the promotion of the TE WAHI merchandising
- Be proactive to improve the place efficiency by working closely with your manager and the team in general
- Be able to host different types of public, as well as private, experiences
- Keep the place clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure day-to-day customer service: inside and outside areas setting up, orders placing, wine and merchandise stock monitoring, end of day tidying and cleaning up, wine sales
- Be aware of the health and safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
In order to be successful in this position you will have:
- Significant experience in hospitality
- Prior knowledge of best practice in service of food/wine
- Passion for Customer Service – friendly and focused on continually exceeding customer expectations
- Sales orientation - able to convert positive experiences into sales of Cloudy Bay wines, food and merchandise
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- Flexibility – able to work at weekends and holidays and varying shift lengths
- A good understanding of wine making and viticulture practices
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a very good eye for detail
- A Duty Manager qualification, ideally
- English essential, additional language is a plus
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.cloudybay.co.nz/
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business