Senior Vineyard Operator
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand Ltd
Category: Vineyard / Viticulture
- Leadership role in a booming industry with career progression opportunities
- Kim Crawford, Nobilo and Selaks - be part of our story in the vineyards
- Bonus scheme, superannuation, paid parental leave, and travel allowance
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands Kim Crawford and Nobilo driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of ‘elevating life with every glass raised.’
About The Role
Reporting to a Block Manager, this role is in our Awatere Hills Vineyard where the journey of our award-winning wines begins. In addition to daily vineyard tasks, you would have a leadership role as this position assumes the lead when the Block Manager is away. This could include running meetings, gathering time sheets and being a buddy to new staff.
- Championing a safety culture
- Supervision of seasonal workers
- All aspects of growing - mulching, spraying, trimming, plucking, etc - optimising quality in conjunction with the Block Manager
- Harvest operations
- Leadership qualities, previous supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of vineyard management
- Seasonal work (harvest, spraying, frost fighting, etc) may require flexibility of hours, shift work or overtime (overtime paid at higher rates)
- A current driver’s licence
Benefits and Culture
Our benefits include a bonus scheme, Safe Ride Home Programme, eligibility for Family Member Scholarships, wellness programme, and more. We offer a team environment as the Viticulture teams often work with winemakers to bring out the best quality for our customers. We celebrate our successes year-round with an end-of-year harvest party, children’s Christmas party for family, Selaks Roast Day lunch, and much more.
Click the Apply Now button to start your application or contact Celia Daniels on 0274455578 for a confidential conversation. Applications close 30 March 2018.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.constellationnz.com/careers.html
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business