Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Mount Brown Estates Ltd
Location: Waipara Valley
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Mount Brown Estates is a family-owned, premium winery in the Waipara Valley producing a range of wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Tempranillo. Our Pinot Noir has won both domestic and international acclaim.
We are seeking a Vintage Cellar Hand for 2018, beginning mid-March 2018, for approximately 8-10 weeks.
The role offers diverse experience in dealing with large commercial quantities along with smaller parcels of premium wine. The successful candidate must:
- have worked through at least four vintages
- be hands-on and hard-working, with a willingness to work the long hours that vintage requires
- have a broad knowledge of all winery operations and equipment, including RDV
- have a current drivers licence and ideally a forklift license
- have a New Zealand work visa
The breadth of winemaking, a small team and the resulting chance to learn, makes this an excellent chance to further develop your winemaking career, particularly in relation to small premium parcels.
Please email your CV to Catherine via the Apply button below, by Friday 16 February 2018.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.mountbrown.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business